Token Pools and Placing Claims

Hey Everyone,

I am in the process of drafting a voting an claims tutorial. But it may be a few months before I get it where I want it with time availability/all the other stuff I have in line before it. So I figured I can dump some of the raw contents here to at least help people with the claims process for now. Also feel free to ask any questions or other things that may help you understand the voting and claims process better.

Claims Overview
A good way to start thinking about the Superalgos token distribution is one big chunk of SA tokens. The governance system’s job is to then divide this chunk of tokens among contributors based on the voting of users.

The first way this chunk gets broken down, so that it can be distributed, is by project. In other words, the chunk gets broken into pools for each area of the Superalgos ecosystem.

Each project receives a portion of the entire chunk of SA based on weight votes. A project that receives more weight votes will receive a larger portion of the main chunk of SA tokens.

From there the pools get divided again (by more weight votes) until they are at the position nodes. Each position node represents a specific job carried out by a contributor in the context of that team.

So for example, the education team has a pool of tokens that is a portion of the whole amount of tokens that will be given out. And the translator position has a part of that smaller pool. Let’s just say 500 for an example.

This is now where claims come in. If you make a claim on the translator position you’re basically saying that you deserve part of that pool of 500 tokens. But someone else can also make a claim saying they deserve part of that 500 tokens as well.

To prove that you are serious about your claim you have to put token power behind it. This is so that not just anyone can put a claim in. The amount of token power you put behind your claim is also the max amount of tokens you can receive for your claim. so it makes sense to put the amount of power that seems fair for the work you did.

Then others have to vote for your claim showing that they believe you really did the work you are claiming. This keeps people from being able to steal tokens if they have not actually contributed anything.

All this together means that the tokens you receive from a claim are a percentage of the smaller pool connected to a position. The percentage you are awarded is based on votes for your claim and how much power you have put into the claim.

How to Place a Claim
To place a claim you will need to add the voting and claims program to your profile.

Then add the claims program.

After that add a claims folder and reference the team and/or Project you have contributed to under the Positions hierarchy.

Then click install missing claims and you’ll see a reference node for all the position claims under that team show up on your profile.

Then delete any position you have not contributed under.

Funnel an appropriate amount of token power to each position claim.

Now you have placed a claim!

To finish submitting your changes, click Save Plugin on the right menu of your Profile node. It will ask you to confirm and click it again.

Now you will be able to run app.contribute and your changes will show up at the main repository!

5 Likes

Thats super helpful, thanks for explaining!

1 Like

Hey sir, how to solve “to install missing claims you need a reference parent”

Can you add, how to save, and contribute, especially for the ones that haven`t enabled the saving.

Good catch just added :+1:t3:

I think this already got solved in the other channels, but which node did you have this error on?

Yes, its solved now. Thankyou :blush:

When you derive Token Power to your claim, the 10% rule is applied, isn´t it? I mean, if i derived 1000 token power, that means that i expect to get 100 SA Token for my claim, is it right ??
When other vote my claim, it happens the same ? If someone puts 1000 voting power, it means that i have a portion of the pools tokens proportional of ´100 sa tokens´ received by the vote ??
Thanks!

The 10% rule applies to delegated token power not claims. So if I choose to send 1000 tokens to an other contributor to use they will receive 100.

Claim calculations can get complicated quickly because the percentage your token power claims is based off:

A. The tokens in the pool available to claim
B. The amount of tokens being put behind claims by others
C. The amount of votes actually received by your claim.

So say there is a pool that has 2000 tokens available to be claimed. And now say there are three contributors Bob, Jill and Tom going to put in a claim and the token power they put in looks like:

Bob 1000
Jill 1000
Tom 500

In this case the total claims power is more than the tokens available to claim. So the percentage of tokens each is actually claiming would look like:

Bob 40% of pool equaling 800
Jill 40% of pool equaling 800
Tom 20% of pool equaling 400

And then on top of that you add the factor that things can shift a bit if someone’s claim is not voted. This then makes the “extra” tokens available to be divided by the other validated claims. So say the three’s claims are voted like this:

Bob receives 500 in votes
Jill receives 1000 in votes
Tom receives 500 in votes

Now the tokens actually distributed would look like this:

Bob is given 500 tokens
Jill is given 1000 tokens
Tom is given 500 tokens

1 Like

Thanks a lot for such a didactical example!
Question:
in the section of the votes…let’s say the sum of the votes EXCEEDS the token pool amount…so , they are distributed proportionally ?
e.g.
Bob receives 600 in votes (20%) >> is given 400 tokens (20%) ? or 600 (votes) that is minor than 1000 (claimed), or 500 ? (remaining tokens available is Jill and Tom are as following)

Jill receives 1500 in votes (50%) >> is given 1000 tokens ? (equal to his claim)

Tom receives 900 in votes (30%) >> is given 500 (his claimed amount)

thanks in advance for following up this reasoning…

You are correct, things will be distributed proportionally with claim power acting as a cap. So even though Jill and Tom receive more votes than they claimed the division of the pool would be based off of these numbers:

Bob 600 (amount of claim validated by votes) 28% of pool equaling 560 received
Jill 1000 (her claim being maxed) 47% of pool equaling 940 received
Tom 500 (his claim also being maxed) 24% of pool equaling 480

There is some rounding error in those calculations but you get the idea

1 Like

Thanks again for taking time to make this clearer to everyone!