Noobies and Instructions

Hi, i love the look of this project. It looks the best, and certainly has the most documentation. However, i’ve been following the ‘recommended’ path in the documentation (going with docker-compose)…

[please forgive my noobness to the linux world. My setup: linux mint 20.3, python3, snap, docker, docker-compose, git]

talking about… github.com/Superalgos/Superalgos/blob/master/Docker/README.md

1. it says check permissions by typing id…
    docker does not show on the list !! however, going to Users And Groups it IS listed.
    this is now working. maybe a reboot fixed it?
  2. running…
    docker run --rm ghcr.io/superalgos/superalgos:latest
    gives permission errors.
    Fix is run with $sudo…, or, $sudo chmod 666 /var/run/docker.sock
  3. running…
    use ctrl+c to exit —this doesnt work!! (closing Terminal to kill process, doesnt stop containers)
    adding --init appears to fix the issue (but i dont know all the consequences!)
  4. running superalgos…
    export UID=$(id -u) gets this result bash: UID: readonly variable -is this an error? there is a mountain of confusing info online about ‘export’
    docker-compose pull && docker-compose down && docker-compose up -d is the final ‘run sunperalogos’ command? (it gives a warning!)
    second time i try i get errors about uid, & gid (still confused about this)
  5. missing summary…
    a much needed summary is missing. For example…
    right click your superalgos folder, and open in terminal
    mkdir -p My-Data-Storage My-Log-Files My-Workspaces
    export UID=$(id -u)
    export GID=$(id -g)
    docker-compose pull && docker-compose down && docker-compose up -d
    open chrome and goto http://localhost:34248
  6. another problem - doing my summary (docker-compose instructions), i keep getting a seperate bunch of folders appearing in a ‘platform’ folder as well as the 3 My- folders… (which step is wrong?)
  7. also, i noticed restarting my laptop, the container returned (up? running? loaded?) but not uid or gid - is that a problem?

I know these are real noob questions, but i want to move on to actually learning/using superalgos. please.